A number of things about Jesus Christ are ignored by white mainstream Christianity.
- His physical features were those of a Middle Eastern man, rather than the long-haired blue-eyed blond white man depicted throughout Christian art and literature. This is what scientists think looked like.
- did not exist in Galilee in Jesus Christ’s time. Historical and archaeological evidence shows that Nazareth existed thousands of years ago, came to an abrupt end (probably destroyed in war) about 700 years BCE, then was built again about 300 CE. During the thousand years that Nazareth did not exist, the New Testament sets the birth and life of Jesus Christ in Nazareth of Galilee.
: [L]ack of archaeological evidence for Nazareth from , , , or Early times, at least in the major excavations between 1955 and 1990, shows that the settlement apparently came to an abrupt end about 720 BC, when the destroyed many towns in the area.
- Jesus Christ does not know the day, much less the hour, that the world will end. Read his words:
King James Version (KJV)
But of that day and hour knoweth no one, not even the angels of heaven, neither the Son, but the Father only.
- Jesus Christ did not introduce the concept of the Holy Trinity. The idea came up in the 2nd century but not till the fourth century CE did it evolve to its present form.
- Jesus Christ’s birth was first celebrated on the orders of Constantine in 366. For a time in England and the US, this celebration was banned. In 1870 Christmas became a federal holiday in the United States.
: “Shocking as it sounds, followers of Jesus Christ in both America and England helped pass laws making it illegal to observe Christmas, believing it was an insult to God to honor a day associated with ancient paganism,” according to “Shocked by the Bible” (Thomas Nelson Inc, 2008). “Most Americans today are unaware that Christmas was banned in Boston from 1659 to 1681.”
- See also .